Thursday, March 18, 2010

Problems

Now look at me. I'm the good scottie in my pack. The one who loves everyone. I always let people pat me, and even go up to greet them, even children. I'm an ambassador scottie. I'm the one who gets to go for extra rides in the car because I LOVE riding in the car(and I'm good). I get to go see Alpha's friends because I'm the scottie they all like. I don't bark, and growl and try to bite ankles.
BUT....
When I see a cat, my whole personality changes. It's like there's another dog inside me. It only sees that cat. I suddenly change into a barking, growly, lunging beast. One minute I'm walking on the lead nicely, next thing I'm in trouble, all the leads are tangled--usually with Alpha in the middle--and I don't really know what happened. I DO know I'm very excited! Am I normal? Do squirrels do that to you?

8 comments:

  1. WHOA! You just hold on little Scottie pal. It's perfectly fine to go ballistic. Sometimes. There's a dog in my neighborhood that I go nuts over when I see him out the window. But, when I get up close to him, we're fine. Squirrels are another matter. Cats, too. Don't worry. Roo Roo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't seem like a problem to me...I'm the same way. Cats, birds, squirrels, they're all the same to me! I gotta go get 'em!

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go nuts over cattle (and we have to coexist with them) and wild turkeys - no matter what Mom does to try to keep us quiet - NANANANANANANA - we can't hear her!!

    XOXO
    The Rocky Creek Scotties

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think that is perfectly normal behavior, and still consider you a Scottie Ambassador :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I won't feel so guilty now. Believe me, those cats need to be taken down a peg or two. They are so arogant!

    XXXOOO, Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well my ma sez that I turn into Boo Vicious when I have my scottie episodes....normally when I see bicycles.....and little people on them REALLY gets my dander up!!
    The G-Dog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your style! Cats are overrated. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a devil squirrel that lives in my yard. He torments me every chance he gets, but one day he will be mine!

    ReplyDelete