Sunday, June 20, 2010

Today's Walk

Boy was I worried this morning. All week, we've only had short walks in the morning and Alpha has disappeared all day AND we missed our afternoon walks. Then this morning, we got our breakfast bones BEFORE a walk. I did get to go on the coffee run, BUT BEFORE we went for a walk! Things looked grim. As clouds gathered overhead, she finally decided we should go for a walk before it rained.
We went to the sports ground, always a favourite of ours.
First we chased birds. Couldn't get pictures of the crows. They teased us. I think crows are actually flying cats. They act the same. At least we had those galahs on the move.

We explored the wooded end. Kendra was let off the lead. She was way behind as usual, but at least she was moving.
Of course, Bella iniated a game of chasey/bitey face.

Bella grabbing me.
Me getting Bella. Kendra doesn't like games, unless there's a ball involved.
I think we got each other in this shot.

We stopped by to see our friend the cattle dog. Usually we race each other up and down his fence. Today, he just wanted to say hello to Kendra.
Turned out to be a good day after all--and it never rained.

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great day to us with no rain!
    Our paws are crossed that there is no rain here so mom and dad can have another banner workshop day!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun walk!! Is Alpha working now? Or is she just going out and having fun without you?

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! How come you get let off lead and I don't? That is soooo not fair. SHE only lets me off lead in the dog park cuz it's double fenced all around. Some noise about HER not liking to chase me all over heck n high water to catch me. I'm only doing my part to keep her fit! Maybe you gals come when yer called? I do too, just not WHEN she wants me to come. It's more like when I get good and ready. What a lovely romp and game of bitey face. I LOVE arroodling around arr arr arr bitey face! And tackle. That's my other fave game. Bowl over the other doggie. Most of em don't like it, but Scotties do.

    Have fun!
    sniffies,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good walkie! Birds, Nice Doggies, No Rain... What more could you ask for?

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE got your rain!!!!!!!! The first in 14 days!!!! Thank-you so much for letting us have that so much needed rain!!!!!!!! We would love to have some more today please!!!!!
    Thanks again for the rain!!!
    XXOO, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to here you were out for a stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls - any day when it doesn't rain is a good day as far as we're concerned. That sure looked like a great walk - you had us worried for a minute there! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like it turned out to be a great day!

    ReplyDelete