Tuesday, June 5, 2012

 First of all, we'd like to apologise to our good friend Corbin on missing his BIG Day!
We've read so many blogs about Pitt Bulls, that we don't think we can add anything, BUT we want you to know, that because of the 'dangerous dog' laws here, we've never met a Pitt Bull in the furs.  However, through the blogs of our Pittie friends, we have learned so MUCH!  We'll never judge a breed by what's in the news and we tell everyone we know.  As pointed out many times it's the humans!  When we see mistreated dogs, who still have the capacity to LOVE and forgive, we are amazed!


Look at that handsome face!
 Corbin, Happy Birthday from us slackos. We know you had a BLAST with your wonderful peeps and fosters!
*

*

*

*


Daisy:  Where are we?
 Yesterday, I went for a ride with HER.  This isn't unusual.  I, Daisy, love car rides, so I sometimes go places alone with HER.

BUT....LOOK AT THIS!!!
 I am IN a shop!  Yes, we have a new PetBarn in town.  It just opened up last weekend and they let DOGS in!  I've NEVER been in a shop before.
These cats (who are looking for homes) couldn't believe their eyes!
 I checked out all of the fashionable gear.
 But didn't get anything.

There were some dogs looking for homes, too.
They are up for adoption from the local shelter.
  There are NO PUPPIES on sale here.
 Oh, except little Missy.  When we stopped to take her picture, the staff got all excited and thought we were interested in adopting her.  But we had to say that our little house was FULL.  We hope Missy finds a home soon.
 In the week that they'd been open they'd rehomed 30 animals!
Sometimes humans just have to see the gorgeous animals that are available.
 There was stuff everywhere to look at!  I was trying to look in all directions at once and nearly got whiplash!
The staff all came over to say hello to me because most of them had never seen a scottie in person, but I was too busy to waste time letting them gush over me.
I checked out all of the treats and was so excited that SHE couldn't get a photo.  I also got to sample some AND choose some to take home.


I chose venison ears and Wellness cookies--fish and sweet potato, and peanut butter honey....
We all had some when I got home.
It was fantastic UNTIL I spied THIS!  A car wash for dogs!
There always has to be a thorn.

23 comments:

  1. Oh no,Bella, hope your fantastic trip didn't end with a trip through the car wash for dogs:( What an amazing place that PetBarn is!!! We have never been in a store like that either. Enjoy those treats, bet they will be so yummy.

    We are sure Corbin will be very happy with your post too.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Daisy, our human knew it was you and not Bella, but sometimes HER mind does silly things. Please forgive us.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oh My, what an adventure and great place to doggie shop.

    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure had a special day. Shopping! Hope you got a prize
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that you have a great day with your friends! :D

    Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! It's like DIsneyland for doggies! Looks like you had a great time AND got some treats!!! I love getting to take mine into a store because people love seeing a Scottie in person!

    I don't quite know what to say about that doggie wash! Seems scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Rocking good store!! Shopping is the "BEES KNEES", but watch out for the automatic dog wash....just sayin'

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun you had!! Better stay away from that washy thing, i'm just sayin.....

    Wags
    jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  9. .,Wow Shopping to the max..I'm sure you had a great and fun day....lol


    Dog Fence
    Dog Containment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! My human goes to our local Petbarn all the time, but yours looks heaps bigger! We get out food and some other stuff from ours, but the only animals for sale they have is fish, not very exciting. They also have a resident bird that greats people.

    I'm glad ours doesn't have the dog wash though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I have never ever seen so much stuff for dogs in all my days!! I can't even imagine! Our stuff is soooo limited here. Looks like a really fun place (except for the dog wash, but I do love the scratching when I get a bath).

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing trip Daisy. I've been in our local pet store where they allow doggies but it's tiny compared to that Pet Barn. I would avoid that dog wash thingy though - that does not look fun. Hope little Missy finds a good home soon - woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daisy......back away from that doggie car wash thingy.....

    Great outing - apart from the doggie wash thingy that is!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool store all except dat kerazy dog wahie thing. Whoevers came up withs dat idea surely has losted their marbles.
    Your treats sounds deeeeeelish!

    Great postie furs da Corbin. Hoomans can be so stoopid and they they consider themselves a higher class of mammal...puuuuulease.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay away from that pet wash. Ish. Glad it is behind bars. But otherwise, what a great score. I hope you enjoyed your loot.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    P.S. Corbin ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo hooo! A shopping trip! Sounds like you got some great treats too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like a great store, minus the car wash for dogs of course!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can't trust food from a place that has a "pet wash". That's a euphemism for a torture bath. I'd give Bella and Roxy small pieces of what you got from there and see if they live. If they do, it is safe to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun trip for you, Daisy! Bummer that your sissies didn't get to go too!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! It really is a car wash for dogs!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful place this is... to have adoptions from shelters instead of selling new puppies. I sure wish the petshops here would adopt this kind of business. It really do boost up sales.

    Over here.. people are still buying puppies.. breeds.. new ones from petshops. While the shelters are choked with unwanted dogs and cats. Still a long way to go for pet owners here in my country.

    that yellow doggie bath sure looks intimidating.. hope SHE didn't put you in that :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have one thing to say about baths - bad, bad, bad. Whether they come in a Petbarn, a mobile van (which is what I'm subjected to) or the laundry sink, baths are bah, bah, bad, bad, bad.

    But what a great place - especially the efforts to rehome those four legged ones. I hope that they all find homes very soon.

    BTW, I heard 'bath' mentioned this morning so I'm hiding. They better have been talking about baths for them, not me!

    Woof.

    Groucho

    ReplyDelete